Sunday 28 October 2007

70 % Cocoa!!!!!!!!!



That's the cover from which a piece of dark chocolate I ate came from. It looks characteristically dark with some golden highlights here and there. Although I've tasted some dark chocolate before, nothing comes even close to this!!!

The first sign that something's different about this came as I was trying to open the packing. A small, semi-circular piece has to been torn off one of the corners before it can be opened. Inside, there was a slim bar of dark chocolate surgically divided into 2 columns having 5 considerable sized pieces each, covered in a wonderfully textured silver foil. It was all so beautifuuly done, I almost didn't feel like tearing it open.

Almost. As I ripped open the foil, as aesthetically as possible, one single piece of chocolate peeked out. It wasn't as black as I expected it to be. Actually, it wasn't black at all. It was brown!!! It looked a lot like good old Diary Milk, except for the brand name on the chocolate.

But looks can be exceptionally deceptive. As soon as i broke one piece off and put it in my mouth, I realised 3 things-
1) The piece is too big
2) That was the most bitter piece of chocolate I have ever tasted!!
3) I got so high so soon that I don't remember what the other thing was.....

God bless the Pre-Columbian-Mesoamerican Maya for introducing to the world the greatest eatable west of the Dosa Line!! Wonder how a Chocolate Dosa would taste???

Shutter Speed: 1/6 s
Exposure Program: M
Aperture: f/6.3
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 200 mm (325 mm in 35mm equivalent)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, product photography. Nice, man!!

what else does a chocolate contain, other than the "70%" cocoa?

Srivatsan Gopinath said...

The back of the cover says-
Cocoa solids: 70% minimum
Ingredients: cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, natural flavour: vanilla.
May contain traces of soya lecithin, hazelnuts, almonds and milk.

pavan madhini said...

cool man....i have had this same brand of chocolate once , only it was 75% cocoa . If I am not wrong it must have cost u Rs.110 for this chocolate .

Srivatsan Gopinath said...

not sure how much it costs. it tastes positively divine though.