Tuesday 18 December 2007

The Cat


Photographed this cat at N4. Except for this time, I have been there only on weekdays and only in the afternoon. Looking at the number of people there, I always wondered why it didn't attract more crowds. Three or four of us and this cat would constitute over 80% of the visitors present then. This Sunday evening, I fully realised how many people patronise this place (excluding the cat with the permanent resident status)!! I think this chap lives off the generosity of the fisherfolk and other assorted visitors. Although in full posession of that uniquely feline grace, I dont think he (or was it a she??) goes about hunting for fish and crabs, both present in significant numbers. Although the expression is quite fierce, he (or she) is surprisingly well mannered for a feral cat.

To see more pictures shot on this particular outing, click here

Shutter Speed: 1/250 s
Aperture Value: f/6.3
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 200 mm (325 mm in 35 mm equivalent)

PS: Shot this in RAW and then processed it.

3 comments:

astute87 said...

Nice looking cat man! Even my blog hosts three or four pictures of cats.. no just one cat. A house bred cat. When it comes to dogs I like the street dogs a lot better than the house bred ones.. The house ones are cheeky bastards.. specially the pommies.. I had a couple of pommies next to my house.. and they were real cheeky bastards of the lowest grade..

Wait.. even I am not sure if it was a bitch or a dog.. Yo Pommie are you a dog? or are you a bitch?

astute87 said...

Well man, the comment went out of proportion.. I just wanted to ask you if the street cats are as nice as the street dogs?

Srivatsan Gopinath said...

the street cats are pretty similar to house cats. the same superiority complex. they are a little wary of people but a few fishes takes care of that. i get the feeling that street cats are creatures you dont want to meet in a dark alley....